HUD Option

getzo

Reactions
Greetings from God’s Country, AKA, North West Corner of the Garden State of New Jersey; 8 miles from the Delaware Water Gap, the crow flies.
Just bought a new 2016 ATS-V and am very glad to have found this site.
I purchased from a dealer who got it from another dealer rather than me ordering exactly what I wanted. I mention this because I have a problem. And maybe someone out there has a answer gleamed from real experience or knowledge.
The one I got had everything I wanted except the HUD option; at the time my dealer told me that he saw no problem in having that installed by him at a later date.
However, he is now hemming and hawing and I can’t seem to get a straight answer out of him.
My question is two part:
1. Has out there been in this situation and gotten relief, that is, gotten the HUD installed after it left the factory..?
2. Does anyone know a technical reason why the HUD could not be installed after the fact so to speak..? What if I were to purchase each and every part involved and installed it myself; or had a technician do it for me..? is this NOT possible and why not.
Cost is not the problem. Any help on this would be a great relief.
Hope you hear from you guys soon.
GetzO

OP
G

getzo

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Have you contacted another dealer to see if that is possible? I've seen it done on a Fifth-gen Camaro.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/interior/1247-how-to-install-a-heads-up-display-fifth-gen-camaro/

The only issue I see is that the HUD in the ATS is way more integrated and there maybe some software related issues.
Thanks for you help....
My dealer is also a Chevy dealer so maybe I can persuade him a bit more or at least have some ammunition.
he did say there are codes [super secret, right] that would have to be flashed to the PCM, but I don't see why that would not be possible.
After all, I just spent more than $80K for my buggy, you would think Cadillac would want to please me...?
thanks again.
if anybody else has additional information please let me know.
Best to All....
Getzo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 2