Lease or Purchase?

Do you guys plan to Lease or Purchase your Cadillac ATSV?

• Lease

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Purchase

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Do you guys plan to Lease or Purchase your Cadillac ATSV?

ATSVFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
I may purchase, but considering Cadillac doesn't holds its valuable that well I may consider leasing.

Reactions
If I may be so bold...after 28 years as a fleet manager, let me give you a better reason to finance the car on a lease. When you buy a car you are capitalizing the entire value AND GAMBLING ON FUTURE VALUE. Have you ever seen someone get less for a trade in than they thought it was worth? Why? Because they GAMBLED on the value of a commodity that is more fluid than a venture stock! When leasing thru a manufacturer like GM, all facets are known and are stated; the acquisition value of the car, the term of the lease, the interest rate AND FUTURE VALUE!! So lease it, drive it, enjoy it and at the end of the lease, Then and only then decide if the car is worth the buyout, has merit in your circumstance and has been accident and service issue free. Why Gamble?

ATSVMike

Reactions
If I may be so bold...after 28 years as a fleet manager, let me give you a better reason to finance the car on a lease. When you buy a car you are capitalizing the entire value AND GAMBLING ON FUTURE VALUE. Have you ever seen someone get less for a trade in than they thought it was worth? Why? Because they GAMBLED on the value of a commodity that is more fluid than a venture stock! When leasing thru a manufacturer like GM, all facets are known and are stated; the acquisition value of the car, the term of the lease, the interest rate AND FUTURE VALUE!! So lease it, drive it, enjoy it and at the end of the lease, Then and only then decide if the car is worth the buyout, has merit in your circumstance and has been accident and service issue free. Why Gamble?
At the end of the 3 year lease do you know if GM offers the same low financing rates as a new car? I see right now GM is offering 0.9% on 60 months on the CTS-V.

Reactions
Why would they? At lease end the car is now a used car, and the manufacturer will only offer finance incentives to sell new cars......

ATSVMike

Reactions
Why would they? At lease end the car is now a used car, and the manufacturer will only offer finance incentives to sell new cars......
I wanted to see if GM offers any further incentives for leasing as opposed to just financing from the beginning.

Either way I normally keep my cars for 7-8 years and will probably finance through GM.

Reactions
If that's what you wan to do you can purchase an ATS and finance for 72 months now at 1.9%. That is a very expensive way to manage transportation costs...
However with the high demand and low production numbers on the V, I don't expect to see any such incentives....