Michelin runflat tires

Wj113

Reactions
Michelin runflat tires.
Are there any other ATS drivers having problems with the Michelin runflat tires that was installed on the 2013 Cadillac ATS

ATSMike

Reactions
What kind of problems are you having? We have no issues with ours.

The Flash

Reactions
Run flats are very noisy, ride hard, wear out in 30,000 miles , I will change them this week to Cont. Extremes. I have read that the Mich. run flats get side wall bulges, this seems to be from hitting chug holes.

Reactions
Just bought my 2013 ATS three weeks ago, the first thing I did was get rid of those tires, terrible ride, very hard and noisy. Read the reviews on runflats and they are not good. The tire is too heavy and has too much rubber. I bought Blizzaks for the winter last week and the ride is 100 times better, and that's with snow tires! In the summer I will be getting Potenza Pole Position tires and I just purchased Advanti HyBris aftermarket rims. I will never put runflats on any car I own....ever!

RMagana

Reactions
Run flats are very noisy, ride hard, wear out in 30,000 miles , I will change them this week to Cont. Extremes. I have read that the Mich. run flats get side wall bulges, this seems to be from hitting chug holes.
Does your car have sport suspension? Mine came with run flat tires, Potenza, and were getting worn really fast, around 25K to 30K miles. Turns out my car has sport suspension, and also had negative camber. I had the negative camber corrected and expect my tires to last a lot longer. Maybe your car has sport suspension with negative camber?

RMagana

Reactions
Michelin run flat tires.
Are there any other ATS drivers having problems with the Michelin run flat tires that was installed on the 2013 Cadillac ATS
Had a problem with mine, but only due to negative camber that I've now corrected as I never drive it in a race track. Also, my car came with sport suspension. Also, did not come with a spare. I live in the desert, gets 120 degrees in the summer. Had my 2 year old granddaughter in the car seat on the freeway out here, tire air notification in the dashboard alerted me to fast losing of air in the left rear tire, went down FAST to 6 lbs, I was in the fast lane doing 85 mph, it was summer, at noon. The run flat tire saved our skin! I was able to drive to the next offramp, park in front of a fast food restaurant and wait for road service. Were it not for run flat tires, I would've been on the side of the freeway with the baby in full sun by freeway traffic for an hour and fifteen minutes. My car does ride stiff in city streets, but floats like a cloud at full freeway speeds. I will always have run flats on this car, after all, it's more of a sports car than a traditional luxury land yacht.